Version 7.5.8 (10 Apr 2013)
- Fixed: Simple Calibration Certificate Has Two Blank Fields (AI 1324)
- Fixed: Importing from V4 Does Not Auto Convert Humidity to Decimal (AI 1325)
- Fixed: Custom Date Fields in New Calibration Record Not Blank When New (AI 1326)
- Fixed: Changing Some Combos in Equipment Dialog Don't Remind to Save (AI 1327)
- Fixed: Some Custom Constraints Break SQL DB Updates from 126.96.36.199 (AI 1329)
- Fixed: Equipment Dialog Asks to Save Even When Just Saved (AI 1278)
Version 7.5.7 (2 Apr 2013)
- Fixed: "Index was outside the bounds . . ." Error During Startup (AI 1320)
- Fixed: Auto Email Notification Does Not Function Automatically (AI 1322)
Version 7.5.6 (1 Apr 2013)
- Fixed: Print Worksheet + Report Template Missing = Error (AI 1312)
- Fixed: Recalc Due Dates + > 62 Month Of Frequencies = Crash (AI 1318)
- Fixed: Shortcuts Missing Icons in Version 7.5.5
Version 7.5.5 (13 Mar 2013)
- Fixed: Create Cal Record, Create Blank Measure Group, Save = Crash (AI 1311)
Version 7.5.4 (12 Mar 2013)
- Fixed: Can't Mass Print Asset Tags Without Calibration Event (AI 1273)
- Fixed: Grid Clears Filter After Print Preview (AI 1274)
- Fixed: Web Only Auto Generates in Settings Folder From Task Scheduler (AI 1288)
- Fixed: V4 Measurement Fields With Negs on Right Side = Failed Import (AI 1295)
- Fixed: Group Cal Status Reflects Only Current Measurement During Input (AI 1298)
- New: Allow ?\/:;*?<>|;, Characters in Passwords/User Names (AI 1276)
Version 7.5.3 (17 Jan 2013)
Update to 7.5.3 only if an update to 7.5.2 failed.
- Fixed: Update to 7.5.2 Failed When Millimeter Record Corrected (AI 1267)
Version 7.5.2 (14 Jan 2013)
- Fixed: Apostrophes in Database Path Statement = Crash (AI 1262)
- Fixed: Apostrophes in User Name of Application Sign In = Crash (AI 927)
- Fixed: Apostrophes in SQL Server Sign-In = Crash (AI 929)
- Fixed: Cal Not Required Frequency + No Cal History = No CNR Label (AI 1250)
- Fixed: Calibration Label Doesn't Print When Location is Blank (AI 832)
- Fixed: Cannot Edit Measurements in Measure Template (AI 1248)
- Fixed: Creating Batch PDF Certificates = Intermittent Crash (AI 1264)
- Fixed: Delete Limits in Manual Tolerance Mode = Crash (AI 1261)
- Fixed: Excel Export When Excel Not Installed = Crash (AI 573)
- Fixed: Font Sizes Very Small on Some Dialogs (AI 1255)
- Fixed: Measurement Template Should Not Tab In Result Fields (AI 1260)
- Fixed: Mispelling Milimeters Should Be Millimeters (AI 1172)
- Fixed: No Auto Update of Calibration Status After Calibration UnApproval (AI 1135)
- Fixed: Null Values in Temp Field = Crash When Saving Calibration (AI 1118)
- Fixed: Out of Order Sequences Created While Making Measure Template (AI 1159)
- Fixed: Script Error in Web Site Link of Help File (AI 1123)
- Fixed: SQL DB Update Could Not Delete Constraints = Failed Update (AI 1210)
- Added: Printing Label with Missing Label File = No Message (AI 1263)
- Removed: Cancel Button New Calibration Record is Not Useful (AI 1122)
Version 7.5.1 (3 Jan 2013)
- Fixed: Lag After Updating Tolerances in Calibration Dialog (AI 1234)
- Fixed: Save Equipment Record With Type Code Not In Combo = Crash (AI 1236)
- Fixed: Create Calibration Record in Danish = Crash (AI 1237)
- Fixed: Worksheet Blank When Calibration Missing Measurements (AI 1241)
- Improved: Batch printing of Certificates as PDFs much easier. (AI 1240)
Version 7.5 (12 Dec 2012)
- Fixed: Calibration Dialog Resizes - It Shouldn't (AI 1220)
- Fixed: Make Units Field Wider in Equipment Dialog - Too Small (AI 1205)
- Fixed: Intermittent Error Creating Calibration From Template (AI 1221)
- Fixed: Null Value in Temp + Unit Change = Crash (AI 1233)
- Fixed: OOT Report Shows No Detail with SQL Server (AI 1209)
- Fixed: Opening Calibration Event = Intermittent Crash (AI 1232)
- Fixed: Supervisor Can Delete Calibration Through Grid (AI 1130)
- Fixed: Changing Template or Type Does Not Ask to Save (AI 1202)
- Fixed: Error Saving Calibration with Many Measurements (AI 1222)
- Fixed: Checking 'Is Standard' = No Auto Remind to Save (AI 1231)
- Fixed: Printing NCR Label Requires Calibration (AI 1178)
- Added: Description, Custodian, & Certificate for Labels (AI 1072)
- Added: Department & Location Codes in Browse Grid (AI 1216)
- Added: Print Certificate from Main Browse Popup (AI 1226)
- Improved: Speed of Measurement Save Method (AI 1160)
- Simplified: Update Message Too Confusing (AI 1208)
Version 7.4.6 (13 Nov 2012)
- Fixed: Import from V4 Fails with Non Number Measures (AI 1189)
- Fixed: V4 Import Fails with Old Access Drivers (AI 1191)
- Fixed: Data Import Wizard Had Old Instructions (AI 1192)
- Fixed: Save Equipment w/Null Standard + SQL = Crash (AI 1194)
- Fixed: Trial Period Over on Fresh Installs (AI 1198)
- Added: V4 Import Option Missing from Menus (AI 1190)
- Improved: SQL Update Required Message Confusing (AI 1196)
Version 7.4.5 (12 Nov 2012)
- Fixed: No Measurement Groups = Blank Certificate (AI 1186)
- Fixed: Highlighting OOT + Access = All Records Red (AI 1188)
Version 7.4.4 (11 Nov 2012)
- Fixed: Wrong Data in Inspector Initials Label Field (AI 1175)
- Fixed: Tool Browse Allows Multiple Windows (AI 1164)
- Fixed: Equipment ID Not Auto in Asset Transfer Dialog (AI 1169)
- Fixed: During SQL Update Measurement Calc Failed (AI 1180)
- Fixed: Equipment ID Field Displays Master ID in OOT Form (AI 1157)
- Fixed: Highlighting OOT with SQL Server = Crash (AI 931)
- Fixed: Cal Due Report Replaces History During Options Save (AI 1181)
- Fixed: Week/Month Of Frequencies Not Calculated Correctly (AI 1185)
- Fixed: Model/Custodian Changes Do Not Trigger Save Reminder (AI 1169)
- Moved: SQL Server DB Creation From Code to SQL Files (AI 841/924/993)
- Added: SQL Code to Disconnect Users Before SQL DB Updates (AI 971)
Version 7.4.2 (23 Sep 2012)
- Fixed: Product Key Invalid After Expiration Date (AI 1153)
- Improved: Manual Entry of Numeric Equipment IDs In Asset Transfer (AI 1155)
- Improved: Speed of Asset Transfer Dialog (AI 1156)
Version 7.4.1 (21 Sep 2012)
- Fixed: Add Attachment by Drag & Drop = Crash (AI 1147)
- Fixed: Change Model to Value Not in Combo = No Save Reminder (AI 1148)
- Fixed: Browse Due Cal With Old Drivers = Crash (AI 1150)
- Fixed: Asset Transfer Can Look Up Incorrect Numeric Equipment ID (AI 1151)
Version 7.4.0 (20 Sep 2012)
- Fixed: Cannot Edit Manufacturer Code (1108)
- Fixed: THUM Doesn't Work on XP (1100)
- Fixed: Creating New After Old Equipment Record = Not All Fields Clear (AI 874)
- Fixed: Incorrect Due Cal Count on Popup and Email Notifications (AI 1136)
- Fixed: Reports With No Query String = Crashed Report Tree (AI 1125)
- Fixed: Email Notification Doesn't Work (Test Does Work) (AI 1144)
- Fixed: LIKE Statement Does Not Work in Custom Reports (AI 1110)
- Fixed: Certificate - Standard ID is Master ID (AI 1112)
- Fixed: Exporting to a File Already Open = Crash (AI 1127)
- Fixed: Admins Can Disable Their Own Accounts (AI 1116)
- Fixed: Try to Open an Attachment With No File Associated = Crash (AI 1128)
- Fixed: Copying Connection String to Clipboard = Intermittent Crash (AI 1126)
- Fixed: Options Dialog Labels Not All Transparent (AI 1137)
- Added: Equipment Template Does Not Include Newest Fields (AI 1146)
- Added: String Tag and Other Types of Labels (AI 941)
- Added: Are You Sure You Want to Delete Measurement Group? (AI 1109)
- Added: Out of Tolerance Research Form / Report (AI 807)
- Added: Option to Prevent Users from Saving Passwords (AI 939)
- Added: Temperature Humidity Method More Intelligent (AI 1015)
- Added: Show and Hide Hidden Records as Popup Menu Item (AI 1120)
- Added: Customizable Date Masks for Labels (AI 990)
- Added: Print Asset Tags for Range of Equipment (AI 960)
- Changed: Month/Week Of Should Print as Due Month of Aug 2012 (AI 991)
- Changed: Name of Limit Values to Manual Entry for Tolerances (AI 1124)
- Changed: Removed Filter Row from Measurement Groups (AI 1131)
- Improved: Finding THUM Database Difficult with Folder Browse (AI 1129)
Version 7.3.9 (4 Sep 2012)
- Fixed: Browse Grid Forgets Sort Order After Several Edits (AI 567)
- Fixed: Changing Files/Web Folders Saves Bad Path (AI 1081)
- Fixed: OOT Checkbox Not Saving (AI 1086)
- Fixed: Desktop Notify Stopped Working (AI 1095)
- Fixed: Filters Not Remembered in Code Grids (AI 1094)
- Improved: Lookup Function of Model Number Field (AI 1084)
- Fixed: Other Minor Bugs
Version 7.3.7 (30 Aug 2012)
- Fixed: Instant Crash for Danish Language (AI 1079)
Version 7.3.6 (26 Aug 2012)
- Fixed: Poor Wording in Language Table and In Code (AI 937)
- Fixed: Grouping & Refreshing = Crash (AI 1063)
- Fixed: Cannot Find Database Message During First Startup (AI 1073)
- Fixed: 18-DueCal-01 Label Doesn't Print Equipment ID (AI 1066)
- Fixed: First Row in Browse Grid Doesn't Turn Pink Without Filter Row (AI 1001)
- Fixed: Browse Grid Updates Too Slow With OOT Checked (AI 1077)
- Fixed: Notes Grid Shows User Name Instead of Full Name (AI 1025)
- Fixed: Apostrophe in RemindRecipients of general.config = Startup Crash (AI 932)
- Fixed: Tool Tip Text for Add Type Button Incorrect (AI 1067)
- Fixed: Display Text Size Medium = Equipment Dialog Cut Off (AI 897)
- Fixed: Typing Apostrophe in Permission Name = Crash (AI 926)
- Added: Ability to Change Notes Grid Column Captions (AI 1024)
- Added: Add Created and Updated Date Fields to Main Browse (AI 1028)
- Added: Filtered Date for Calibration Due Report (AI 1064)
- Changed: User Grid Should Show Active or Inactive Not 0 or 1 (AI 1050)
- Removed: Register Button from Explorer Bar (AI 1074)
- Improved: No Write Access to Ape Folder = Updateable Query Error (AI 1062)
- Improved: Default Explorer Bar to Large Icons (AI 985)
Version 7.3.4 (8/22/2012)
Version 7.3.4 is the biggest update in the last 5 years and there’s lots more coming
in the next few months. Version 7.3.4 has over 120 improvements mainly in
the categories of Calibration Events, Reporting, Equipment Record, and the Application
in general. Here are the highlights:
- Auto Temperature/Humidity: Automatically populates the Temperature
and Humidity fields while using a Temperature and Humidity USB Monitor (THUM).
- Better Traceability: It’s now easier to trace your Calibration
Events back to national standards.
- Percentage Tolerances: Four tolerance options of None, Percent
(%), Straight Tolerance (+/-), and Limit Values where you type in the tolerances
- Negative Tolerances: Use negative plus or minus tolerances
for Percent or Straight Tolerance.
- Multiple Tolerances: Calibration Events can have multiple
tolerances, different for each measurement, if needed.
- Multiple Units of Measure: Calibration Events can have multiple
measurement units, different for each measurement, if needed.
- Measurement Templates: Templates for measurements are now
easy to defined and attach to Equipment, Equipment Types, and Models.
- Adjustable Precision: Edit the number of digits to either
side of the numbers used in a Measurement Group.
- Calibration Approval: Approved Calibration Events are locked
unless unlocked by an Administrator.
- Custom Fields: Several new custom fields for strings, dates,
numbers, and Boolean values added in a separate tab.
- Configurable Report Data Source: So you can use the Report
Designer for more than just Calibration Control.
- Reports as Separate Files: All reports are completely editable.
Reports that come with Calibration Control are treated exactly the same as custom
- Easy Access to Custom Reports: Add a report template file
to the Reports folder and it instantly shows up in the Report Menu.
- Calibration Worksheets: Advanced functionality that includes
the measurements that need to be taken.
- Report Parameters: Add filter values (e.g., date due or department)
at run time.
- More Colors: Pink for past due, yellow for due within N days,
green for calibration standard, and red for out-of-tolerance investigation required.
- Asset Transfer: New quick transfer dialog to transfer to
new Department, Location, or Custodian.
- Cleaner Layout: Larger fonts and cleaner layout for all dialogs.
- Notification Utility for XP: The Notification Utility will
now run on XP machines.
- Terminal Version: Run Calibration Control in Terminal version
allowing limited functionality for Production employees.
- Date-Based Product Key: This should be the last update where
you need to get a new product key if your maintenance agreement is still active.
- Equipment Types: Classify Equipment and Models with Type
- Remote Support: Quick link to the Remote Desktop Support
software from the Help dropdown menu.
Equipment Record Features
- Certificate Field: New certificate field to store certificates
traceable to national standards.
- Equipment Status: The status field is no longer directly
attached to calibration status, which means it can now be used for anything (e.g.,
at calibration lab, removed from service, etc.)
- Note History: Date-based notes added as new to in Equipment
- Custodian Field: Designate who currently has custody of an
equipment / tool.
- Model is Combo: The model number field is now a combo box
Version 7.2.5 (5/2/2012)
This is a free update for current users if your maintenance agreement is current
as of 5/2/2012 (e.g., < 12 months since last renewal). As soon as you download
or request it, I will send you a new Product Key to unlock this
The really big deal of this release is that Calibration Control is now compliant
with the FDA's 21 CFR Part 11 standard, which means that it has User Authentication,
Role-Based Security, and a Change log. There are also a few other major features
and several stability enhancements. This version is a must have!
- Role-Based Security (Sign-In): Turn on User Authentication
to control the Roles of each user. The roles include Administrator, Super
User, Supervisor, Technician, Production, and Layouts.
- Editable Permissions: Edit the Role required
for each of the 63 Permissions.
- Change Control: All changes to fields and labels are automatically
recorded in an Audit Log that users can review and filter by date/time,
user, dialog (screen), and field.
- Localization (Multilingual): Added the ability for the application
to easily receive and use additional languages. Languages can be added at
request with the first planned being Spanish, Portuguese, French, German, and Korean.
- Editable Field Names: Users can now edit the fields names
in over 40 dialogs in addition using an easy-to-use in-application dialog.
- Model Number & Description: In the Equipment Edit dialog,
removed the Model Number dropdown and replaced it with a text box. Added the
Description and a dropdown field for the Manufacturer. This change will make
data entry more convenient for organizations that do not need to keep track of model
- Centralized Server Settings: Moved several global settings
from the global.config file to the database making central control over those settings
- Status Hide: Choose to hide a specific Status code if it
is no longer relevant to the Main Browse. For example, you can choose to hide
all equipment with the Out of Service status.
- Browse Grid Load Speed: Dramatically increased the load speed
of the Main Equipment Browse screen.
- Editable SMTP Port: Added the ability to change the SMTP
Port number for the SMTP mail server settings in the Notification Utility
- Old Calibration Certificate: The legacy Calibration Certificate
is now included if you don't want to use the new certificate.
- Miscellaneous Stability: Addressed several minor issues to