Your confidentiality is important to us! The following policy statement is designed to disclose with full transparency what kind of information is gathered from your visit to our website and the type of data we collect, handle and process. NOTE: Visitors and customer personal information is NEVER shared or sold nor disclosed to outside members or third party affiliations of any nature. All data that has been collected remains secure and accessible only by a select few workplace members with proper privileges and credentials while maintaining an active employment status at Ape Software.
Information Collection and Sources
Ape Software is a web-based software design and distribution company that creates and distributes software for the quality assurance professional. Ape Software is the sole owner of the information collected on this website. We will not sell, disclose or rent this information to others in ways different from what is disclosed in this statement. Ape Software will not provide any personally identifying information on individual members to any third party, except in connection with resale of third-party software or with the professional's consent, as explained below. We collect the following categories of information:
- Identifiers: Full name, email address, company name and phone number.
- Internet activity: Information, such as the URL you came from, which pages you visted, browser information, your IP address and other information collected through cookies, are tracked as you navigate through the site for system administration and quality purposes.
We collect information directly from you, such as during registration of a new account. We also indirectly collect information from you by observing your activity on our website.
How We Use Your Personal Information
All visitors may browse without disclosing personal information. When you create an account, the information contained within the customer profile you register is collected for the following business purposes:
- Match a customer's buying history, and contact preferences with an individual customer.
- Allow customers to download purchased products, updates, and other downloads.
- Allow new registered users to download trial software and other downloads.
- Send an automatic welcome email to new registered users.
- Identify and contact individuals for technical support.
- Track advertisement impressions and vistor/customer use patterns.
We will not collect additional categories of personal information or use the personal information we collected for materially different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes without providing you notice.
Sharing of your Personal Information
Customers and site visitors of Ape Software can be assured that none of the information submitted to Ape Software will ever be sold or redistributed without express consent. Should Ape Software share aggregated demographic information with partners and/or advertisers, such information will not be linked to any personal information that identifies individual members.
Ape Software takes every precaution to protect registered member information. When professionals and employers submit sensitive information via the website, their information is protected both online and offline.
While Ape Software uses encryption to protect sensitive financial information online, we also protect member information offline. All member information is restricted within our offices. Servers used to store personally identifiable information are housed in a secure, supervised environment. In addition, only Ape Software employees who need specific information to perform a task are granted access to personally identifiable information. Furthermore, all employees are current with our security and privacy practices. Every quarter, as well as any time new policies are added, employees are notified and reminded about the importance of privacy, and what they can do to ensure the protection of sensitive member information.
If you have any questions about Ape Software website security please contact us through our Contact and Feedback page.
Ape Software sends all newly registered members a welcome email to verify their email addresses and provide other requested information. At times, Ape Software sends service announcements to its registered customers and visitors. Members cannot unsubscribe from service announcements that discuss upcoming changes that affect their Ape Software accounts. In addition, we communicate with registered members via personal emails or phone calls to provide requested services.
Ape Software contains links to other websites and is not responsible for the privacy practices of such websites. Ape Software encourages its members to read the privacy policies of all websites. This privacy statement applies solely to information collected by Ape Software.
Disclosures of Personal Information for a Business Purpose: In the preceding twelve (12) months, Ape Software has not disclosed personal information for a business purpose.
Sales of Personal Information: In the preceding twelve (12) months, Ape Software has not sold personal information.
The CCPA provides consumers (California residents) with specific rights regarding their personal information. This section describes your CCPA rights and explains how to exercise those rights.You have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information over the past 12 months. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will disclose to you:
- The categories of personal information we collected about you.
- The categories of sources for the personal information we collected about you.
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling that personal information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we share that personal information.
- The specific pieces of personal information we collected about you (also known as a data portability request).
- If we sold or disclosed your personal information for a business purpose, two separate lists disclosing: sales, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient purchased; and disclosures for a business purpose, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient obtained.
Deletion Request Rights: You have the right to request that we delete any of your personal information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your personal information from our records, unless an exception applies. We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service provider(s) to:
- Complete the transaction for which we collected the personal information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our contract with you.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
- Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law.
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 et. seq.).
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information’s deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research’s achievement, if you previously provided informed consent.
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us.
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
To exercise the access, data portability, and deletion rights described above, please submit a verifiable consumer request to us by email. Only you, or a person registered with the California Secretary of State that you authorize to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your personal information.You may only make a verifiable consumer request for access or data portability twice within a 12-month period.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you. We will only use personal information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make the request.
Registration: Users can opt-out of our monthly e-newsletters and e-postcards containing service announcements. Members can request to modify their Ape Software email (service announcement) preferences.
Correction/Updating Personal Information: Registered employers and professionals may request to correct and update their personal data listed on Ape Software. In addition, members who desire to opt-out of our service may request for Ape Software to delete their accounts at any time.
California residents: California law may provide you with additional rights regarding our use of your personal information. To learn more about your California privacy rights, visit https://oag.ca.gov/privacy/privacy-laws.
Notification of Changes
Last Updated: 11 March 2020