Create and manage Users within Calibration Control (our Calibration Management Software) and create Sign-In credentials, determine User Role and permissions, set Active status, and additional attributes, such as Language choice.
View UsersView the Users grid by clicking on the Users icon from the Utilities tab of the ribbon menu.
From the Users grid, create a new User record by double-clicking in the gray area of the grid, hitting [Ctrl+N] keys, by right-clicking in the grid to choose [New Record] from the pop-up context menu, or even by selecting the green [+] New Record icon from the Calibration tab of the ribbon menu.
The only fields required to add a new user are the 'User Name' and 'Password'. When creating a password, you can select from the three checkboxes:
- Show Password (new passwords only)
- Ignore Password Rules (Refer to Options > Password Security)
- Temp Password (change during next login)
By default, the Password will be marked as Temporary and the new User record will be marked as Active. When a record needs to be removed, you can simply deselect the checked box for 'Is Active' as opposed to deleting the entire user record.
If a Person record already exists for this new User record, select that record in the Person drop-down combo-box. If the Person record has yet to be created, you can click directly on the [Person:] field to quickly add a new record.
You can choose from the Language drop-down for preferred translations. The language setting is unique to each user signing in.
Store additional notes or comments in the short-text Comments box.
User Roles Permissions
In the Roles section on the right-side of the Add User (or Edit User) dialog, select a predefined Role for this User. To view each of the Predefined Roles and default role permissions, view the Permissions grid from the Utilities tab of the ribbon menu.
Important Notes for User Roles:
- No Role selected means these are Read-Only Users, which are free of charge and will not affect the total count of authenticated users for the license.
- Only Admin User Roles can edit other User records. The Admin user can change other user's passwords, remove lockouts, view the number of failed log in attempts, and the last locked out date.
- In addition to the User's role, selecting Terminal User will allow the user only to connect to Calibration Control Terminal Mode but this user will NOT be able to use the full version of Calibration Control.
This tab is where the Admin User can remove another user's lock-out status from too many failed sign-in attempts.
Logins & Password
Calibration Control keeps track of the user's last log in date and the number of log ins since the user record was created.
A Windows User name can be used instead of a username and password.
In this section, you can give users the ability to edit SQL statements or HTML in the software (i.e. Auto Emails & Dashboard Charts). By default, these checkboxes are not selected.
Add or Link Note records to each User record.
Last Updated: 27 December 2021