Auto Notify Utility
Send Notifications Automatically
Configure one or several Notification Events for scheduled reminders through email, desktop messages, or web publishing in Calibration Control (our Calibration Management Software).
- Designate specific groups of people (such as Custodians, Technicians, Owners, Department Managers, etc.) to receive email notifications of their related equipment records that are due for attention (calibration or maintenance).
- Get desktop pop-up reminders displaying the number of equipment due.
- Publish a static HTML web link for your organization's intranet for internal access to Departments' list of Equipment Due Cal.
- All notification events are customizable.
- Notifications can be manually triggered and/or scheduled to auto-send.
Email SMTP Settings
Before sending automatic emails, you must enter SMTP information in the
Email Options settings. Note:
Activate auto email events
from only ONE host computer in order to avoid duplicate emails.
Access the Auto Notify utility feature from the Tools tab of the ribbon menu. This Auto Notify grid contains all available records of notification events. There are 17 Auto Notify events defined by default:
DueMaint_[Person]: Auto email notifications for the
identified after the "DueMaint_" string.
Auto Notify Grid
Auto Notify Events
Auto Notification Dialog
Access the Auto Notify utility feature from the Tools tab of the ribbon menu. This Auto Notify grid contains all available records of notification events.
There are 17 Auto Notify events defined by default:
DueMaint_[Person]: Auto email notifications for the Person identified after the "DueMaint_" string.
- Email Subject: The text that appears in the Email Subject line.
- Signature File: Define which customized HTML Signature file is used as this email's signature (optional).
- BCC: Whenever an email is sent, the full blind carbon copy of the email can be sent to additional email address(es). If more than one email in added to the BCC field, separate those emails with a comma, semicolon, or a hard return.
Schedule: When the Event is marked [Is Active], next select a Frequency or the schedule for auto-sending notifications. There are three frequency options available: Daily, Weekly and Monthly. For a Monthly frequency, select which Day(s) of the month from the Calendar. For a Weekly frequency, select which Day(s) of the Week.
Is Active (check box): To activate automation of the event, select the [Is Active] checkbox. This will instantly create an automated Task in your Task Scheduler, which you can navigate to using the [Open Task Scheduler] button.
Date & Time: Select the starting date for this event and the specific hour and minute at which you would like the emails to be sent.
Send Message(s) / Send Test Message(s) Buttons
- Send Message(s): Manual trigger. Pressing the [Send Message] button sends the email notification to the defined Person group (e.g., Custodian, Technician, Manager), or displays the desktop notification, or creates the default website.
- Send Test Message(s) to BCC: Sends the email notifications to the email(s) listed in the BCC field only as a test run.
SQL Statements:The Equipment Table SQL Statements can be viewed here. This tab will be visible yet grayed out unless the signed-in User has permission to Edit SQL Statements (from the User record's Advanced Skills section).
Table Previews:Preview the email-equipment table for each recipient by double-clicking on a Person name. The User from the Recipients list can view their Equipment Due that will be included in their emails.
Body Template tab
The HTML Email Templates can be viewed here. The body template is editable if the signed-in User has permission to Edit HTML (from the User record's Advanced Skills section).
Note: Prevent specific users from editing SQL/HTML by defining these skills/permissions in the User dialog (Advanced Skills section).
The Auto Email Notifications require related data in the following tables:
- People Fields in Equipment Record: Identify the Custodian, Technician, Owner, or Checked out By fields so Calibration Control knows which equipment is related to who.
Department Field in Equipment Record: Identify the Department in the Equipment dialog and then, in the Department record, identify the Manager and Contact people.
Site in Equipment Record: Identify the Site (e.g., Customer or Company Site) in the Equipment record and then, in the People records, connect them to Companies.
- Emails in People Records: Ensure the People identified in other locations (e.g., Equipment or Department records) have valid email addresses and ensure they do NOT have "Do Not Email" checked in their person record.
Troubleshoot why there are missing records that were not listed or included in emails (equipment table) and troubleshoot why emails failed to send to specific recipients (people records).
Select Equipment Emails grid from the Tools tab on the ribbon menu.
Right-click within the Equipment Emails and select from the bottom of the context menu the specific Auto Notify Event type you are troubleshooting.
In this grid, the troubleshooting pink columns indicate the data field or missing value which results in an equipment email missing from the notification results. All the pink (default color) highlighted columns will identify why an email was not sent to a Person or why an Equipment record is not present within an emailed list. The available Equipment Email grid view filters are extremely useful to troubleshoot emails failing send to particular persons or not listed, due to (the data field columns highlighted in pink). Right-click in grid to select a view of the Event you are using:
Email Activity Log
View details for all the emails that have been sent out by going to the Data Grids tab of ribbon menu for Email Activity in the Logs section.
Allow to Ignore Authentication
With User Authentication Sign-In Mode is turned on, or when SQL Server Sign-In is the database format, then Calibration Control will require you to re-enter your credentials and will not send the scheduled emails until you sign in. . .
To prevent the hold-up from SQL Server Sign-In waiting for credentials, also ensure to checkmark "Remember" in the SQL Server Sign-In dialog for automatic database sign in.