Features Common to All Data Grids
Each grid in Calibration Control (our Calibration Management Software) shares the same easy interface and basic features. Navigate data with sorting options, filters, grouping, and more.
Context Menu: Find more options by right-clicking anywhere in a grid for the context menu. Selections may vary by grid.
Column Change: Drag any column header to change its placement on the grid. There is also a Context Change button on the right side of the column header.
Context Sort: Click directly on a column header to sort records in ascending or descending order for that column. Hold the shift key while clicking on additional column headers to create sorts with multiple columns.
Refresh: Refresh your data by pressing [F5] or by right-clicking the grid and selecting Refresh Grid from the context menu.
Add New: Create a record by pressing [Ctrl+N] or by right-clicking the grid and selecting New Record from the context menu.
Open and Edit: Open a record by double-clicking, pressing [Ctrl+O], or by right-clicking a record and selecting Open Record from the context menu.
Delete: Delete a record by first selecting the record and pressing [Ctrl+D] or by right-clicking the selected record and selecting Delete Record from the context menu.
Display Count: How many records are listed? Don't count it yourself.
- Records: The number of records contained within the grid is indicated in the Grid Header.
- Filtered: The number of filtered records is also indicated within the Grid Header.
Filter Row: The Filter Row is a helpful tool for searching and reorganizing your data.
- When the Filter Row is enabled from the context menu, a blank row will appear at the top of each column.
- Filters can be added to multiple columns at the same time
- Create custom (i.e., combination) filters within a single column by selecting Custom from the dropdown menu.
Clear Filters: Clear a single column filter by placing the cursor in the filter field for that column and pressing the clear filter button (looks like a crossed out filter). Clear all filters by select the clear filter button at the far left of the filter row.
Pinned Sort Column: Columns can be sorted by multiple columns. Click the Pinned Sort button located in the top right corner of the column header and they will be sorted in the order that column headers are pinned.
Pin a column to freeze it in view and always visible, even while scrolling left or right. Unpin it the same way.
Grid Splitter: Use the Grid Splitter to view multiple sections of the grid at the same time by dragging the Grid Splitter to the desired height of the grid. And the grid can be split as many times as needed. Remove a Grid Splitter by dragging it all the way to the top or bottom of the grid.
Show Fields: Add and remove columns (i.e., fields) by selecting Show Fields from the context menu.
- Check the desired field columns to [Add] from available fields or [Remove] from visible fields.
- Also, change the column order by selecting a visible field and clicking the [Move Up] or [Move Down] buttons.
Grouping Data: The GroupBy Box view is great for on-the-fly organization with “mini-data sets”, giving you the creative ability to arrange records by their columns.
- When the GroupBy Box mode is enabled from the context menu, a gray 'Drag To' section (the GroupBy Box area) appears at the top of the grid.
- Select and drag column headers (fields) into the gray area to create custom groupings.
- Remove any fields from the header by simply dragging them up and out of the gray boxed area and releasing.
- And if desired, the Group By mode can be disabled with records still organized in custom groupings.
Last updated: 11 July 2017