Create records with the Add or Edit Person dialog in Calibration Control (our Calibration Management Software) to store and manage the information related to People you interact with for your company and link them to other records using the panel grids, such as a Company, Attachments, etc.
People Grid (Views)
View the People grid by clicking People from the Data Grids tab of the ribbon menu. Right-click in the People grid for the context menu and select a different view of relationships for Person records, such as filtering for People linked to Companies, linked as Equipment Custodians, as Equipment Technicians, and as Calibration Technicians.
Add information to the Person record:
- Salutation/First Name/Last Name: First and Last Name of the Person, Salutation when applicable. These are the only required fields for a new Person record.
- Display Name: Auto-filled by First and Last Name fields. Adjust as necessary.
- Title: The Person's job title, if available.
- Department: The Department the Person is currently assigned to in their Company.
- Location: Use this drop-down when applicable.
- Status: The Person's status within the company they work for.
- ID Number: The Person's unique company ID, if applicable.
- Is Active: Select whether or not the Person has an active account in your records.
- Primary and Alternate Addresses: The Person’s address(es), if applicable.
- Notes: A blank space for notes related to the Person record.
Update Owner Equipment Status
Click on the [Update Owner Status] button at the bottom of this dialog to synchronize the Status fields of all Equipment records wherein this Person is the Owner.
Update Person Equipment Locations
Click on the [Update Locations] button at the bottom of this dialog to synchronize the Department and Location fields of all Equipment records to include the selections chosen for this Person.
Change Custodian Person
Updating equipment records where Custodians are no longer in custody of that asset or tool:
- Asset Transfers: Use the Asset Transfer dialog to change the Custodian name to another's name in several records. Use barcode scanning for a swifter process. Transfers are logged in the Equipment Notes history.
- Inactive Status: Remove the checkmark in the Person record's [Is Active] checkbox. If a person linked as an Equipment Custodian is no longer active, the result of the inactive status will clear out (NULL) the Custodian's name in related Equipment records.
- Replace Deletion Choice: Deletion with a replacement choice can be a quick method to remove and update related records. Select to delete the unneeded Person record, and in the next dialog, choose a replacement record from the combo-box list. Deleting a duplicate custodian's person record, for example, and selecting a replacement choice will update the name in the custodian field of related equipment records.
- Equipment Systems: Alternatively, creating an Equipment System is a quick method for mass updates, such as changing the Technician name in multiple Equipment records all at once.
More tabs in Person record dialog are as follows:
Drag-and-drop an image for this Person record, (e.g. Employee Badge, User Profile, etc)
Email | Phone | Company | Attachments
- Email Addresses: Add or link an Email address to a person record. A valid Email address is useful for Auto Email Notifications.
- Phone Numbers: Add new or link existing Phone and Fax numbers to a Person record.
- Companies: Add new or link a Person record to an existing Company record.
- Attachments: Add new or link existing Attachments to a person record.
- Notes Tab: Add and link Notes to a Person record.
- Custom Fields Tab: Custom fields are available for adding Characters, Dates, Numbers, and Check boxes. Visit the Change Field Names help topic to learn how to edit these fields.
- Meta Tab: This is a READ-ONLY information tab used as a reference to view which user created the record and which user was the last to edit it, including the dates and times these occurred.
Last Updated: 24 March 2022