Options - Security
Modify Calibration Control's advanced Security settings in the Options dialog. Activate User Authentication (sign-in mode) with a click of a button, disable specific CC Terminal features, and more.
- Activate Sign-In Mode: Enable or disable the User Authentication Mode (Sign-In Mode). At least one User must have Admin privileges to Enable User Authentication and only an Administrator can disable User Authentication.
- Password Security: Edit user password rules for strength and expiration settings.
- Sign In with Windows User Name: For ease of use, set up users to sign in Calibration Control with their Windows account, then check this setting.
- Prevent Users From Saving Passwords on Client PCs: When the Authentication mode (sign-in) is enabled and a User signs in, they are given the option of saving their User Name and Password for future automatic sign-ins. Checking THIS option prevents the ability to bypass entering their sign-in credentials each time.
- Require Re-Entry of Password When Signing: Requires the user to enter their sign-in password again in order to successfully sign (approve and lock) records of calibrations.
- No Authentication for Auto-Notifications: Allows email notifications to be sent without prompting the user sign-in authentication dialog (if the program is not open).
Disable Terminal Features for All Users
- Terminal Check In/Out: Prevents the use of the Check In/Out dialog by Terminal Users.
- Terminal Status Change: Prevents use of the Status Change dialog by Terminal Users.
- Terminal Equipment Grid: Prevents browse access of the main list of equipment records, the Equipment Grid, by Terminal Users.
- Terminal Systems Grid: Prevents access to Equipment Systems by Terminal Users.
- Terminal Calibration History: Prevents browse access of the main list of recent calibrations, the Calibration History grid, by Terminal Users.
- Terminal Asset Transfer: Either disable the Asset Transfer dialog completely by Terminal Users, or disable one or more of the specific fields that can be edited during an Asset Transfer.
Last Updated: 21 March 2022